In honor of Valentine’s Day, today’s topic is your 10 Favorite Chocolate Treats. Just 10? That’s all I get? Here goes my top 10 plus maybe a few extras.
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Pictured above. To. die. for. So good, I only make them when I need to bake for others because if they were in my house, I would eat them all. In one sitting.
- Dark chocolate sea salt caramels – sometimes, the cookie gets in the way of the goodness that is salt, chocolate and caramel.
- Chocolate cheesecake
- Chocolate ice cream – sometimes classic is best.
- Also, a Hershey’s Bar – again, classic. If I need crunch, Hershey’s with Almonds.
- Chocolate mousse – combine it with chocolate cheesecake and its bliss. Cheesecake Factory does one like that.
- Chocolate covered pretzels.
- Chocolate covered potato chips. Yes, I have a thing for chocolate and salt.
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Hot chocolate – Penzey’s is the best, hands down. If I’m in the mood, I like to add a splash or three of Godiva Chocolate Liquor and a little kahlua.
- Speaking of things better with booze, Boozy Chocolate Milkshakes. I’m of the belief that chocolate milk shakes are made with vanilla ice cream, lots of good chocolate syrup and milk. Add in some Godiva Liquor and kahlua and I’ve died and gone to heaven.
- Chocolate Cake – my favorite recipe is Smitten Kitchen’s Everyday Chocolate Cake. Its super easy and fabulous and needs nothing but a dusting of powdered sugar, though a good thick fudge frosting wouldn’t hurt it either.
- which reminds me – fudge. there’s a fudge maker at Coventry Farmer’s Market that makes me want it to be opening day right this minute.
do I have to stop? my love for chocolate is deep and abiding. I could go on and on…
wishing you a Happy Valentine’s Day – with plenty of chocolate.
Tags: ten on tuesday